WHAT? One round Competition for
- Piano, Guitar
- Singing: Classic and Contemporary
- Strings: Violin, Viola, Cello, Double bass
- Woodwinds: Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon
- Brass: Trumpet, French horn, Trombone, Tuba
WHEN AND HOW? 2 options for you to participate in the competition
ONLINE: July 5th, 2024
ON PREMISES: July 6th, 2024 @ Sint-Jan Berchmanscollege, Brussels. Belgium
ONLINE participants will receive their diplomas and prizes online.
ON PREMISE participants will receive their diplomas and prizes at the Gala concert of the winners that takes place on July 6th at 18:00.
WHO? Categories of participants
- Category Debutant: 6 – 8 yo
- Category A: 9 – 11 yo
- Category B: 12 – 14 yo
- Category C: 15 – 17 yo
- Category D: 18 – 20 yo
- Category E: 21 – 25 yo
PRIZES: Grand Prizes + 1-2-3 prizes (diplomas) + Special prizes:
- Participation in festival “MUSICORUM” 2024&2025 in Brussels & in the concerts of ”CAMERATA BRIMA ”
- Participation in “La Chapelle Sauvage” & CAMERATA BRIMA 2024&2025 (as part of the orchestra or solo with orchestra)
- Participation in a set of concerts organised by Royal Library of Belgium 2024&2025
- Bon for participation in Summer MUSIC ACADEMY FORTE 2025 www.musicacademy.be
- Participation at the GALA of the competition MUSIC ACADEMY FORTE (some 1st prize winners)
Others special prizes from: “Maison Bernard” , “Point d’Orque” , “Azzato” , MUSIC ACADEMY FORTE …
No music of Russian composers can be performed during the competition.
Program for pre-selection: free choice
- Category Debutant: maximum 5 min
- Category A: maximum 5-7 min
- Category B: maximum 7-9 min
- Category C: maximum 10 -12 min
- Category D: maximum 13-15 min
- Category E: maximum 15-17 min
Program for the main competition (both for online and on premise options)
- Category Debutant: free choice
- Category A-E:
- Piano, Guitar: one virtuous study/piece + work(s) of a free choice
- Violin, Viola, Cello, Double bass: one virtuous study/piece, caprise + work(s) of a free choice
- Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon: one virtuous piece + cantilena work(s) of a free choice
- Trumpet, French horn, Trombone, Tuba: one virtuous piece + cantilena work(s) of a free choice
- Singing classic: folk song of the country of the participant & free choice of ancient aria or romance
- Singing contemporary: one international song + one song of the country of the participant
- Category Debutant: program 5 – 7 min
- Category A: program 5 – 10 min
- Category B: program 10 – 12 min
- Category C: program 15 – 17 min
- Category D: program 20 – 22 min
- Category E: program 25 – 27 min
Both participation options will begin with online pre-selection phase.
1. Inscription for the pre-selection phase
All participants of the competition need to complete ONLINE application form and pay 25 euros* as registration fee (with a credit card).
Copy of passport and video links to recent performance will need to be attached to the registration document.
*Registration fees are NOT refundable.
KEY DEADLINE: before May 15th, 2024.
2. Inscription for the main competition
Selected candidates will be informed by the administration of the competition by May 17th, 2024.
Selected candidates will need to:
- Complete final registration with the online form
- Attach artistic foto of the participant + copy of passports for visa support
- Attach the scores for accompanist (if accompanist is needed)
- Pay the rest of fees* for the participation at the competition:
- Category Debutant: 25 euro
- Category A: 35 euro
- Category B: 45 euro
- Category C: 55 euro
- Category D: 65 euro
- Category E: 75 euro
*Registration fees are NOT refundable.
No extra documents, no changes of the program after submit to the participation are accepted. In case of the list of the documents is not completed administration are right don’t accept the participation.
KEY DEADLINE: May 20st, 2024.
REQUIREMENTS TO VIDEO RECORDINGS:
- One video link to all pieces
- Each piece must be recorded in a single take and without any editing of the audio or video.
- Cuts between movements of the same piece are not permitted.
- The camera must be fixed and placed in front of the musician with clear visibility of the hands and body.
- Only video recordings on Grand Pianos or Upright Pianos are allowed.
- The video recording must be done between 2022 & 2023.
- The video recording must have a reasonable video and audio quality (at least 720p) with no background noise.
- Participants who do not respect the rules will be disqualified.
Conditions for Accompanists:
After preselection if you’ve been accepted and in case you are unable to provide your own piano accompanist for yourself, it is possible to contact to our accompanist. Each participant who needs accompanist will receive information about that at the moment of finale registration. Participant is welcome to make the arrangements with accompanist in advance in order to avoid complications.
Tax for the participant has to be paid directly to the accompanist in cash before the first rehearsal. Official document can be provided if needed. Tax for the participant : 50 Euro category debutants, 70 Euro category A, 100 Euro categories B, C, D. The tax includes:
- our home practising of your repertoire before the competition
- 1 rehearsal 30 min for cat debutants, A
- 1 rehearsal 45 min for cat B, C, D,E
- performances and concert of winners (if participant has to perform).
Accompanists : Myrto Sifaki, Cansu Sanlidag